Content

▼ Like us on Facebook

Search

June 24, 2009

IMATS 2009!

I had such a fun time at IMATS (International Makeup Artist Trade Show) this past Saturday! It was held at the Pasadena Convention Center.
I only went Saturday because I had work on Sunday. Wish I could've gone both days but one day was still fun enough :)

There were so many people there! Every makeup company you could think of was there (well almost) and practically everything was discounted, up to 40%.

Here's my video on the experience:


I also met a few other YouTube makeup *guru's*.
These guru's are way more popular than me though, lol.


I met the makeup artists from Enkore and Pursebuzz and got a picture with them

look at me an my big ol' smile! lol

I also met Petrilude
He was so nice. He was the only one who actually would have a "conversation" with me, so that was nice.

I wanted to meet xsparkage but she was shopping around for makeup somewhere around the Make Up For Ever booth and I couldn't find her. I would've loved to have met her. Oh well, maybe next time.


GOODIES!!

I would've bought more stuff but I'm not really "rich girl" so I only brought money for essentials.
I ran across two booths called Morphe Brushes and Royal Brush MFG. They both had just about every Coastal Scents-type brush there, and more!! I wish I could've bought more from them. I kind of kick myself for not saving up money for IMATS...although, it was my first time ever there so I didn't really know what to expect.
I bought 3 things which I'm really happy with:



A large oval shadow brush from Morphe Brushes, for highlighters and blending harsh lines.
I'm really happy with the quality of this brush. It's dense and stiff, but soft.
I really needed this brush!
I got it for $4


This is a synthetic fiber large Kabuki brush from Royal Brush MFG. It is exactly the same brush that they sell at Make Up For Ever for $40. I got this brush for $6!!
It's sooo soft and super dense and fluffy

Lastly I got this! It's a 10-slot Brush Roll. It was from Morphe Brushes.
It was $5!!
I needed another brush roll because I have one from Bare Escentuals, but it's small and can't fit my larger brushes, and it's velcro, which I don't really like too much. But now I have two rolls, so I'll probably still use the BE one.
Anyways they had a 50-slot brush roll for $15 and I was thinking I probably should've gotten that one instead so that I could fit all my brushes into one roll. But of course I wanted to be cheap and get the smaller one =/
This is actually REALLY good quality! And I was surprised, for $5. It's a pleather material and I really like the fact that it has ties instead of velcro so that I can actually ROLL it up :)



Anyways I had a super fun time and definitely am going next year. I hope you guys will all go too, so that I can bump into you and get some pictures of fans of my own :) I want to meet you, I really do!

So I just had to throw this in because I thought it was so funny....
I met up with a friend of mine, Adam, who I hadn't seen in about 5 years, since college.
At the bar we were at we turn around and there's this girl with a HUGE sandwich on her shoulder, so I had to take a picture :)


0 comments:

Business emails please send to: tisch@rocksterize.com

All content and photos on this blog are property of Rocksterize. Please do not re-host or re-distribute content on this blog without permission from me.

Disclaimer: All reviews on this site are the honest opinion of mine. I am not paid in any way by any company to make false reviews of their products. Some products are sent to me for review, but most products reviewed I have paid for. I am not affiliated with any company besides my own. (www.rocksterize.etsy.com)
Copyright © Rocksterize 2009-2014. Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email