Content

▼ Like us on Facebook

Search

July 7, 2009

Playing Around With Nail Designs

My nails are so long now and it's so much easier to paint them I realize, when they're long, lol.
I've been playing around with painting the tips lately.


Here's my french tips. I've done them in black and in white. I really liked the black tips. I think this is my new favorite pastime haha.

I tried it the first time with the black and just painted a base coat, then painted the tips, then a top coat. When I painted the top coat on it sort of "bled" the black onto the bare nail so the lines were all out of wack :(

So then I tried painting the nail a base color, which I used Innocence by China Glaze. It's a really nice nude pink color (looks just like my bare nail). Then I painted the rest and it didn't bleed at all.
I think the color on the tips just needs something to "hold" on to so it doesn't bleed.

Anyways here's the rest of what I've done so far. It's way too much fun :)

Colors used were of course China Glaze. :)

These are my Strawberry Nails. This was a lot of fun. I was trying to find a brighter green color but just used what I had.
Colors used were Rich & Famous, White On White, and Watermelon Rind.
I just painted the nail with Rich & Famous, then painted the tips, and lastly stuck with a polka-dot pattern :)
I used Seche Clear Base Coat and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.


2 comments:

audy says:
at: January 14, 2010 at 12:05 PM said...

those are really pretty, love them.
-Audy

xo1cherries3ox says:
at: August 26, 2010 at 11:32 PM said...

For French Nails, you're supposed to put the white on, then the color, then the top coat. That's what I do, and they don't run or anything.

Business emails please send to: tisch@rocksterize.com

All content and photos on this blog are property of Rocksterize. Please do not re-host or re-distribute content on this blog without permission from me.

Disclaimer: All reviews on this site are the honest opinion of mine. I am not paid in any way by any company to make false reviews of their products. Some products are sent to me for review, but most products reviewed I have paid for. I am not affiliated with any company besides my own. (www.rocksterize.etsy.com)
Copyright © Rocksterize 2009-2014. Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email